Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Samurai Champloo


This anime series surely grabbed me by the balls, the samurai fight were out of this world, a new style - captivating and awesome. The creator Shinichiro Watanabe who also created Cowboy Bebop mixes japan history with contemporary art even rap music. The characters are great and different. They aren't your ordinary lovable anime characters, they have their own distinct idiosyncracies that will surely raise your brow and at the same time solicit a grin. The soundtrack is also awesome, rap beat and ancient japanese melody cooked into a groovy and hip hop genre, it's really catchy.

This anime is tops in my list, and haven't been toppled yet with the likes of naruto, bleach, don't get me wrong - also like these anime, they're also good. Champloo is just for me, one notch higher. This series is only a 24 episode series which tells the story of 3 totally unrelated characters brought about my fate, to search for Foo's (the girl) father. The two other companion are Jin and Mugen - the 2 best samurai in the land, smug and outlandish, one is an introvert and principled, the other the opposite and rash. Together their travel sends them off hungry and into inexorable confrontations with different sorts of villains or wanna-be-villains.

Don't miss this one. This is an automatic classic.

Hope they extend this to another season and develop their story further. Here are some figures that I would love to have. Saw 2 in megamall, but they are now gone, I only would like them as a set.



also a statue series that would just be an add-on for me after the 3 figures above.



mirrored this in my toy blog

No comments: