Friday, October 08, 2004

Sims 2

"Remember even if you win the rat race, you're still a rat", one my high school friends used to remind me.

An insight probably born or taken from his recommended Rich Dad, Poor Dad book, which I found to be a good book for thinking out of the box. The unorthodox (read: not the way you're taught to think) path to getting rich, it's not just the school, the books, the degree that gets you ahead, it's the vicousness, the streetsmart, the fearless attitude.

When I played the original Sims game, me and my roommates had this kind of competition to be the richest sim, w/ the biggest house, and the most beautiful wife.. harhar. I'd spend hapless nights micromanaging my sim to make sure all the skills were maxed out really fast. The workhours to workpay ratio was a big thing, since job salary equated to maxed out skills. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you are probably not a gamer, or you are probably from another simtown! Hello! The Sims is just the highest grossing pc franchise w/ 7 expansion games. Will Wright is probably feasting on his greatest sim game ever! The franchise will earn him millions for the next decade or so..

Now somewhere, here, ... I was supposed to come up w/ a point or two.
Oh yeah, The Sims, now there's the Sims 2, completely revamped playing modes, full 3d, and a great load of features. This time around, I really don't have the same competitive roommates, but I do notice I'm still obsessed at becoming the superhuman with maxed out skills and at reaching the top level of a sim career, whoah stop!

. . . this is just a ratrace. =)

but it sure does feel good winning one!!
hell yeah!

2 comments:

haydee said...

so i assume na knowledge ang number one priority ng iyong Sim? yung sa akin din knowledge, kaso natatamad na ako laruin. gusto lagi mag-aral e hehehe

waraijj said...

yup, intelligence nga pinursue ng sim ko. pero naiwan ko na ngayon, medyo boring na. :) Prince of persia naman tinatry ko. =)