Monday, January 10, 2005

Little Mermaid


One of Ursula's twisted wishes granted, those poor unfortunate souls... Posted by Hello

When we passed by a town in Samar, I saw this portrait mounted on a wall. I used to see this picture from my Kongkong (grandfather) when I was a kid, I don't know where this picture is now, I probably took it and misplaced it. The source or the film probably got passed around? just in Region 8? Has anyone seen this elsewhere?

I don't know if this is an example of how hoaxes circulated before email came to our shores, or could this picture be true?

------
faded caption below image:
Arab mermaid discovered in Arab Western Coast April 7, 1973

6 comments:

eye said...

weird ng pic, di ba naman released ang version 1.0 ng adobe PS nung 1973 no? hehe!

ocean_spray said...

My parents were vacationing in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India a couple of years back and they found this same picture hanging on a museum wall. It was captioned "a real mermaid discovered in Arab Western Coast in April 7th 1973". They clicked a picture and brought it back home and Ive been confused ever since. If it is real, I wonder why there hasn't been an uproar about it in the world.

Unknown said...

Just now I found a photo that is exactly like that. The photo is already old and also black and white. I'm from philippines mindanao cabadbaran

Unknown said...

Hey this picture is taken from India state is tamilnadu and district is Vedaranyam this picture is established in 1973 in local news paper the story goes that some hunter shot this animal in beach

Cherryl montilla said...

I have this photo ..came from my grandfather .our family keep this for many years

Cherryl montilla said...

The picture was labeled 1973. 4.7.......
GENUIN MERMAIDBFOUND ON WESTERN ARABIAN SHOREBIN ON APRIl 1873