Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Sulangan


Sulangan, is a small island just a few steps off a bay in Eastern Samar. A lot of patrons visit this rural church which is 4 hours away from Tacloban City. This church is what the locals term "sa-aran", meaning to pledge devotion for pleas to God. Others just come to give thanks for the blessings they receive. Posted by Hello
Posted by Hello
Caught between the insurgence of transportation and prosperity of this meek town, this banka parks beneath the shade of the Sulangan bridge.
10 years ago, the bridge going to Sulangan Church didn't exist, it still is under construction, I heard my aunt say they had to cross this river on foot to say their prayers and offer their devotions to the Sulangan Church
Posted by Hello

the river beneath the Sulangan bridge is crystal clear... Posted by Hello


souveniers at 5 pesos each... i got a nice pearl clam for 5 pesos too! (from the nearby pearl farm)Posted by Hello

----------------
by the way, nagkaChicken pox ako last week!!! haha, one day after posting in my blog na sana di magkachicken pox si donna, i got it. buti na lang, donna was there to take care of me. :) Thanks, yab.

4 comments:

eye said...

ang gandaaaa ng lugar! sarap talaga pag untouched at resort free no?

p.s.
di pa rin ako nagkakabulutong hanggang ngayon hehe!

waraijj said...

sarap nga bumaba sana para lumangoy.. :)

Anonymous said...

I always come to visit Sulangan everytime I had a visit from my tiring job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Nakaka aliw ang nature... dahil puro desyerto ang aking nakikita sa Saudi. Ang babait ng mga tao accommodating sila. At higit sa lahat to give thanks to San Antonio the blessing I recieved.

Anonymous said...

I'm very thankful for Mr. Jason Veneracion for posting Sulangan in this website. I'm a "Sulanganon" and I'm very proud that our place has lots of tourist attractions. And thanks to our Almighty Father that through St. Anthony of Padua He is guarding and blessing our place.